4 x 200-250gm Chicken breast|
1 x 400ml Coconut milk or cream
4 cloves garlic (peeled & crushed)
1 Tbl fresh ginger (roughly chopped)
1-2 fresh Chillies (optional)
3-4 Kaffir lime leaves
1 Tbl Coconut Amino
1 Tbl Sea Salt flakes
1 Stalk Lemongrass
2 Coriander roots (thoroughly washed)
1 small Onion
1 Tbl Olive oil
2 bunches Pak choy (or Asian Veg)
1 Spring onion (sliced for garnish)
- In a pot, place chicken breast, coconut milk, garlic, ginger, chillies, Kaffir lime leaves, salt and Amino. With a meat tenderizer or heavy pan, bash the coriander roots and lemongrass to release the flavours, but leave whole. Add to pot and add enough water to cover the chicken breasts (about a cup).
- Place on a moderate heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover with a lid. Cook for 15 minutes.
- In a food processor, blitz onion & cauliflower until cauliflower becomes about the size of rice. Saute cauliflower and onion in olive oil for 2-3 minutes, so that cauliflower is heated through but still a bit crunchy. Set aside and keep warm.
- Cut pak choy length-ways and wash well.
- After chicken has cooked for 15 minutes, add the pak choy and cook for further 2-3 minutes.
- To serve, slice chicken in half to make sure chicken has cooked through. If the chicken is still opaque, remove the pak choy and placed the sliced chicken back into poaching liquid for 2-3 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Place on warm cauliflower rice with the pak choy. Remove lemongrass and coriander roots from liquid and ladle sauce over chicken and pak choy.
- Garnish with sliced spring onion and serve immediately.